Videls (Rhode Island)
as Videls’ (w Frank Spino & His Orch) – Be My Girl/ Place In My Heart, ’59 (Rhody 2000)
Videls – Be My Girl/ Place In My Heart, ’61 (Medieval 203)
as Vi-Dels – I’ll Keep On Waiting/ Streets Of Love, ’60 (Kapp 361)
– Mister Lonely/ I’ll Forget You, ’60 (JDS 5004)
– Now That Summer Is Here/ She’s Not Coming Home, ’60 (Tic Tac Toe 5005 & JDS 5005)
- Scans found for both labels.
– A Letter From Ann/ This Year’s ‘Mister New’, ’61 (Kapp 405)
Videls Magic Carpet LP 1005 (A Letter From The Videls) 1981
- The book’s listings are underscored.
A-side: A Letter From Ann, This Years [sic] Mr New, Mr Lonely, I’ll Forget You, The Party Starts at Nine, We Belong Together (2:10), It’s All Over (2:05), Save A Dream.
B-side: Be My Girl, Place In My Heart, Hold Me Tight, Now That Summer Is Here, She’s Not Coming Home, Streets of Love, I’ll Keep on Waiting, Unlucky Me.
- ‘Unlucky Me’ is a Demo for Why Does The Dance Have To End.
Errors with the credits on Magic Carpet LP 1005:
- ‘Save A Dream’ is an unreleased side by the Mystics (Brooklyn).
- ‘The Party Starts At Nine,’ originally released in 1963 on Red Bird 10-033, is by the Trade Winds.
- ‘Hold Me Tight’ was credited in 1964 to the Treasures (ft Pete Anders) on Shirley 500.
- We Belong Together (A6 (2:10) and It’s All Over A7 (2:05)) is like by the Chimes.
- To further the error, the Collectibles CD (The Chimes Meet The Videls) also credits The Videls (#17 (2:20) and #16 (2.39) with the time difference suggesting a different version than Musicnote or Magic Carpet.
- See following entry: Videls likely CHIMES for more details about A6 and A7.
*** Videls likely CHIMES – We Belong Together (2:10)/ It’s All Over (2:05), ’63 (Musicnote 117)
- Although label credits ‘Videls’ sources say the group is the Chimes.
- The Videls say it is not them.
Videls (The Other Groups)
Videls (Black Group-Cincinnati OH) – I Wish/ Blow Winds Blow, ’60 (Early 702 & Dusty Disc 473, ‘64)
Vi Dels (White Vocal Group-Upstate New York) – Walking Down The Street/ Ya, Ya, Ya, Ya, ’64 (Fargo 1062)
- See comment for B-side scan link.
“Ya, Ya, Ya, Ya” is correct.
Thanks for finding the link to this song. Posted the corrected titling.