These Los Angeles groups are connected through Stan Beverly, Yatsey (Yancey) Millsap, label, song writers and assorted group member assemblages for the various group names.
Groups are listed here by date of releases.
Swallows (LA) – You Must Try/ How Long Must A Fool Go On, ’59 (Guyden 2023-First Pressing)
Swallows (LA) as Guides – You Must Try/ How Long Must A Fool Go On, ’59 (Guyden 2023-Second Pressing)
– The Ballad Of Stagger Lee/ I Dream Of You, ’59 (Kent 320)
– One More Kiss/ Everybody Needs To Know, ’59 (Kent 324) (Scans found.)
– Pretty Little Pretty/ Spinning, ’61 (Entra 711) (The book dated the release 1958. As/Marv Goldberg the label was formed in 1961. He also points out that the music from Spinning was used as the music for Diamonds (Entra 1214) by the Hollywood Saxons.)
Uptones (Los Angeles)
– No More/ I’ll Be There, ’62 (Lute 6225)
– Be Mine/ Dreamin’, ’62 (Lute 6229)
– Dreaming/ Wear My Ring, ’63 (Watt’s 1080 & Magnum 714)
– Taken For A Ride/ Wear My Ring, ‘65 (Watt’s 901) (Label scans found. Dated 1965 as/Discogs.)
It appears the Saints, Uptones and Bobby St James are connected through song titles and label #s, but it is unverified. Who is Bobby St James?
Saints (Los Angeles) – I’ve Been Taken For A Ride/ The Sun Don’t Shine (Everyday), ’66 (Kent 480)
Saints (Los Angeles) as Bobby St. James – I’ve Been Taken For A Ride/ The Sun Don’t Shine (Every Day) ‘68 (Watt’s 901) (Scans found.)