The Revlons groups were sorted by their different sounds. Some are difficult to tell apart and the dating by the book is not supported by most sources. Any changes are welcome.
Revlons (Newark NJ) (w Little Martin And The Mustangs) – Love’s Burning Fire/ Bye Bye Baby (VRC 112)
- Girl Group.
- Some date1960.
as: The Revelons – I Fell In Love (With The Wrong Guy)/ I Want Good Lovin’ (From You) (VRC 116)
- Not in book.
Revlons With Teddy Mc Rae & Orch – I Promise Love/ This Restless Heart, ’61 (Rae-Cox 105)
as Revelons (w Teddy Mc Rae & Orch) – I Promise Love/ This Restless Heart, ’61 (Rae-Cox 105)
Note: Writing credits: Betty Nelson/ Lewis Mobley.
- Male Soul Group
Revlons (NY Male) – Dry Your Eyes/ She’ll Come To Me (Someday), ’62 (Capitol 4739)
- A Bright Tunes Production (ref Token production.)
- Writing credits: Margo Medress/ R Mandel-B Hawkins.
- The book listed with the Rae-Cox and Parkways groups.
– Ride Away, ’63 (Times Square 15)
- Flip is ‘Betty’ by the Centuries (CT).
– Ride Away (‘Best of Klik) Relic LP 5044 A7)
– My Love (Best of Klik) Relic LP 5044 B5)
Note: Other than sharing a label side, there is no relationship between this Revlons group, the Centuries (CT) or the Jaytones (NY).
Revlons (Upstate NY) (Tino & The) – Black Burma-Mudas And Knee Socks/ Story Of Our Love, ’60 (Mark 154)
by Tino – Rave On/ Got The Birthday Blues Again, ’61 (May 103)
- Not in book.
Revlons (Upstate NY) (Tino & The)
– Wedding Bells Will Ring/ Heidi, ’63 (Pip 4000)
– Little Girl Little Girl/ Rave On, ’65 (Dearborn 525)
– Lazy Mary Memphis/ I’m Coming Home, ’65 (Dearborn 530)
– Lotta Lotta Lovin’/ Red Sails In The Sunset, ’66 (Dearborn 540)
Revlons (Male Mixed Funk/Soul) – Ya Ya/ It Could Happen To You, ’66 (Parkway 107)
- Writing credits: L Dorsey-C Lewis-M Robinson/ R DeMartino-N Ameno.
- On some promo pressings, the sides are reversed.
- The book listed with the Rae-Cox and Capitol groups.
- The A-side is a funky Lee Dorsey cover without vocal backing.
- The B-side is a female-backed soul song.
Revlons (Male Soul Group) – (Oh, Oh, Oh) What A Love This Is/ Did I Make A Mistake, ’66 (Toy 101)
- Writing credits: LJ Dixon-L Lucie/ D Barnes-J Smith-R Alexander.
- The book listed Toy 101 separately from other Revlon groups and dated 1962.
- By itself, the music takes it out of the 1962 dating.
- See 45 cat: same backing track used for (Oh! Oh! Oh!) What A Love This Is) by Susan King on Toy 3501 and dated Dec 1965 along with the same writing credits.
Revlons (NY-Male Group) – Moonlight Angel/ You Don’t Love Me, ’80 (Crystal Ball 138)
- An Ed Engel Production.
- There are no writing credits on the label.
Do you know anything about The Revlons Song: It Could Happen To You?
Your comment about the Parkway Revlons, made me listen again to all the Revlons groups. To answer your query, the Parkway group B-side (It Could Happen To You) is ‘soul’ with female backing vocals.
The other Revlons groups have been reposted with corrections.