Deltones (Chicago) as Parlaments – To Be Alone/ My Only Love, ’61 (USA 719)
- Scans are as Parlaments.
- Book listed as Parliaments.
Parliaments (Philadelphia) – Don’t Need You Anymore/ Honey, Take Me Home With You, ’58 (Len 101)
Parliaments-uncredited backing Joe VanLOAN [sic] – Forever/ Give Me Your Heart, ’58 (V-Tone 200)
- Not included in book.
Parliaments (Plainfield NJ)
– Poor Willie/ Party Boys, ’59 (Apt 25036)
– Lonely Island (2:30)/ You Make Me Wanna Cry, ’60 (Flipp 100-101-first version (red))
– Lonely Island (2:22)/ You Make Me Wanna Cry, ’60 (Flipp 100-101-second version (yellow))
– That Was My Girl/ Heart Trouble, ’66 (Golden World 46)
- Not in book.
– (I Wanna) Testify/ I Can Feel The Ice Melting, ’67 (Revilot 207)
- Not in book.
Note: The group also records as Parliament and Funkadelic.
Parliaments (Detroit) (Freddie & The) – Darlene/ That Girl, ’59 (Twirl 1003)
Parliaments (New York NY) (Sammy & The) – No Hard Feelings/ Win Yourself A Lover, ’60 (Arnold 1001)
Parliaments (Huntington WV) – You’re Cute/ I’ll Get You Yet/ You’re Cute, ’63 (Symbol 917)
- Writing credit: A Himons/ Mel Harris.
- An audition scan has a 2/18/63 date on it.
Parliaments (Huntington WV)
– Sweet Nothin/ Cry No More, ’67 (Cabell 112)
- Writing Credit: Melvin Harris/ Isaac Banks.
– Getting Ready For The Summer/ This Is My Rainy Day, ’67 (Cabell 115)
- Writing Credit: Isaac Banks/ Archie Himon.
The Cabell releases were not included in the book.
The Philly Parliaments also backed Joe VanLoan on V-tones. May be the same Parliaments as on Revillot.
Thanks for your comment. The Revilot releases were not included in the book. The new Parliaments (Philadelphia) post includes the V-Tone entry.