The Honey Bees groups were originally posted (10-09-12) together with The Bees & Honey & The Bees. Separating the groups makes the posts easier to distinguish the Bees (Honey & The) from the Honey Bees groups.
as Gay Notes – Hear My Plea/ Crossroads, ’55 (Post 2006)
Honey Bees (California)
– Let’s See What’s Happening/ Endless, ’56 (Imperial 5400)
– Whats [sic] To Become Of Me/ Just To Live Again, ’56 (Imperial 5416)
as Gay Notes – Once He Loved Me/ Strange As It May Seem, ’58 (Aladdin 3424)
- As/info on rateyourmusic, the sides were recorded on November 19, 1957 but unreleased.
- No scans were found. The book listed as the Gaynotes but most sources say Gay Notes.
The Post, Imperial and Aladdin releases all sound like the same group.
Honey Bees (LA) – One Girl, One Boy/ No Guy, ’64 (Vee Jay 611)
- Producer David Gates.
Cookies (Second Group) as Honey Bees (NY) – One Wonderful Night/ She Don’t Deserve You, ’64 (Fontana 1939)
This is the first Carol King-constructed Honey Bees group.
- Lead singer is Margaret Ross of The Cookies.
- Some discographies are distinct in listing this release as the ‘only’ one the Cookies did as this pseudonym.
Orchids (New York) as Honey Bees – Some Of Your Lovin’/ You Turn Me On Boy, ’65 (Fontana 1505)
This Carol King group of Honey Bees is the Orchids who recorded for Columbia.
- There is a posting on the subject by New Jersey DJ Richard Sibello at (ontherecordshow.blogspot.com.) In his blog archive, scroll to Sept 2012 articles to find Sibello’s Honey Bees article).
Honey Bees (Texas)
– Let’s Get Back Together/ Never In A Million Years, ’66 (Wand 1141-unreleased & Garrison 3005)
– Let’s Get Back Together, ’84 (Kent 022)
Honeybees (ft La La) (Pennsylvania) – Kiss Me My Love/ Give Your Love To Me, ’64 (Bee 1101)