Valiants (West LA) as The Gents – Happenin’ After School/ My Unfaithful Love, ’57 (Aladdin 3387)
- No scans found for Gents.
- There is uncertainty that #3387 was released.
- This was to be the first release under the Valiants name but was credited instead as The Gents.
- Book lists as Gants but the artist is The Gents.
Matadors (Los Angeles) formerly Gents – Why Do I Love Her/ Jump In The Line, ’61 (Liberty 55332)
Gents (Houston Label) – Golly Golly Dolly/ It’s Too Late To Cry, ’61 (All Boy 8501)
– I’ll Never Let You Go, ’64 (Times Square 2 & Times Square 99)
- Flip is ‘Darling I Love You’ by the Teen 5.
– Island Of Love, ’64 (Times Square 4 & Times Square 98)
- Flip is ‘Till The End Of Time’ by the Teen 5.
Gents (Middlesex County/Central NJ) (Vic & The) – The Sign From Above/ Lydia, ’66 (Dorana 1169/1170)
FYI: Part of a ‘contact me’ message included gms: Vic Calentoni (lead Perth Amboy NJ), Ritchie Calentoni (Bass Perth Amboy NJ), Ralph Verdi (1st Tenor Carteret NJ), Joe Szilagyi (2nd Tenor Woodbridge, NJ) and ? Baritone.
- The record was from early 1966. They began selling it at dances in early 1966.
Gents (White Group) (Larry & The)
– Little Queenie/ Can’t You Tell, ’64 (Delaware 1700)
- ‘Little Queenie’ scan found.
– I’m Just A Loser In Love/ You Mean Everything To Me, ’65 (Delaware 1711)
- No scans found.
Gents (Ft Lee, NJ) (Little Freddie & The) – Push-Kick-Shout/ Betty, ’65 (Showcase 402)
Gents (Bermuda) – If You Don’t Come Back/ I’ll Cry, ’66 (Duane 1048)
Gents (Utah) – I Wonder Why/ Moonlight Sonata, ’67 (Normandy 91067)
- NY Label.
Gents (Detroit?) – Facing This World Without You/ Home Again (Midnight 102)
- A-side writing credit Betty Flonney. No writing credits for b-side.
- The flip was listed in the book as ‘Down In The Alley,’ a song originally by the Midnight Ramblers in 1937.
- No scan as Down In The Alley by the Gents was found and most sources list flip as ‘Home Again.’)
- See comment.
- Label may have been located in Toledo but recordings done and pressed in Detroit.
- Some sources date as 1965.
Gents (Greensboro NC) (Gin And The) – Boy And Girl/ Dreams For Sale, ’67 (Eldorado 102)
- Group became the Versatile Gents around 1968.