Devotions (NY) – Silly Milly/ Worried About You Baby, ’58 (Cub 9020)
– Rip Van Winkle/ (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons, ’61 (Delta 1001, Roulette 4406 & Roulette 4541, ’64)
– A Sunday Kind Of Love/ Tears From A Broken Heart, ’64 (Roulette 4556)
– Zindy Lou/ Snow White, ’64 (Roulette 4580)
– How Do You Speak (To An Angel)/ Teardrops Follow Me, ’72 (Kape 701)
- Andy Sanchez (Ray’s brother) is lead.
– Who Can She Be, ’76 (Robin Hood 137)
- Scan found. A-side flip is ‘My Foolish Heart’ by The 5 Discs.
Devotions (Queens) The Lost Tapes CD (Sting Music 8241)
- “All their 45s + 11 previously unreleased and/or alternate takes.”
– Rip Van Winkle, For Sentimental Reasons, Tears From A Broken Heart, Sunday Kind Of Love, Zindy Lou, Snow White, Looking For My Baby, Practice What You Preach, How Do You Speak To An Angel, Teardrops Follow Me (The Lost Tapes), Secret Love, Soft And Sweet, Sunday Kind Of Love, Rip Van Winkle, Three Wishes, Sincerely, Tears From A Broken Heart, Who Can She Be, Stormy Weather, Little Girl Of Mine, For Sentimental Reasons.
Devotions (Queens-Reformed Group) – Erlene/ Portrait Of Love, ’94 (Avenue D 22)
- An article @ https://patch.com/new-york/sachem/vocal-group-the-devotions-share-their-history has a Devotions group history.
- Posted in 2011, the gms were stated to be: “Al Vieco (baritone); Neil Keefe (second tenor), originally from Astoria; John Williams (first tenor), from Ridgewood, Queens; and Joe Spano (principle lead), from the Bronx .…”
- Is this the lineup for the Avenue D 22 titles?
Note: Despite the fact the book aka’d The Symbols (Marty & The) to the Devotions (Queens), they are not the same group:
Symbols (Marty (Ratner) & The) – You’re The One, ’63 (Graphic Arts 1000)
Symbols (M.R. [NOT Mr.] Baseman & The) – Rip Van Winkle, ’63 (Graphic Arts 1000)
- In addition to the liner notes on the Devotions ‘The Lost Tapes’ CD, there is
- a group biography on https://tims.blackcat.nl and a mini-bio on allmusic that do not connect ‘The Symbols on Graphic Arts’ to the ‘Devotions (Queens).’
Devotions (Calif) (Little Marcus & The) – Lone Stranger Went Mad/ I’ll Always Remember, ’64 (Gordie 1001)