Chapelaires (ref Softwinds)
– I’m Still In Love With You/ Not Good Enough, ’61 (Hac 101)
– Gloria/ Under Hawaiian Skies, ’61 (Hac 102)
Softwinds (ref Chapelaires) – Cross My Heart/ Oh Baby, ’61 (Hac 105)
Due to personnel and a change in their sound, the remaining Chapelaires changed their name to the Softwinds.
Chuck Johnston (BB The Chapelaires) vs Chuck Jackson & The Jaycees
Group histories indicate the Chapelaires did backing vocals for some Gateway artists. There is a definite vocal difference between these two artist.
- Chuck Jackson did record with the Jaycees on Calico in 1960 releasing ‘Mr Sandman b/w Oh Baby Mine.’
- As well, Chuck Johnston recorded with a Jaycees group in the late 50s. It is not known if the Jaycees were the same group for both artists.
Chuck Johnston & The Jaycees (Vocal Group-The Chapelaires) – Goodnight Irene/ Forever Is A Long, Long Time, ’64 (Gateway 738)
- The book lists ‘Goodnight Irene’ & ‘Forever Is A Long, Long Time’ asby Chuck Johnson & The Jaycees on Gateway 738.
- The Chapelaires/Softwinds ‘Cross My Heart’ CD #1087, lists these same songs as (Feat Chuck Johnston).
- Scans at 45cat.com/record/nc937557us.
- See http://oldmonmusic.blogspot.com/2013/06/chapel-boyschapelairessoftwinds.html for more info on the group.
Marie La Donna (& Female Group) – Georgie Porgie, ’64 (Gateway 730)
Marie La Donna (BB The Chapelaires-uncredited) – How Can I Let You Know, ’64 (Gateway 730)
Scans do not credit a BB. All sources say B-side BB is The Chapelaires.
- A fan site interview @ laurapinto.tripod.com/donnamarie/id5.html says it is the Skyliners.
Visit sites.google.com/site/pittsburghmusichistory/pittsburgh-mu…. There is much more to this singer than the book’s sole entry.
Joni Kay & The Chapelaires – Lonely Star/ Happy Memories, ’64 (Gateway 744)
Chapelaires – Vacation Time/ It’s Impossible-Why Try, ’65 (Gateway 746)