as Challengers (Marty Ward & The) – I Can Tell, ’57 (Melatone 1002)
as Challengers (Charles Fizer & The) – The Mambo Beat, ’57 (Melatone 1002)
- The above group of Challengers were from the West Coast.
- They became Olympics.
See Marv Goldberg for a complete history and discography for the Olympics
Challengers (Detroit) – Honey, Honey, Honey/ Stay With Me, ’62 (Tri-Phi 1012-first pressing)
- June 1962.
Challengers (Detroit) – The Butterfly/ Who Shot The Hole In My Sombrero, ’62 (Chancellor 1105)
A Tri-Phi discography lists Tri-Phi 1016 (unreleased/October 1962) and released on Chancellor 1105.
- Some sources say both songs were originally assigned to Label Tri-Phi 1015 (August 1962) but were pulled with the # subsequently released for Shorty Long.
Challengers (Detroit) as Challengers III – Honey, Honey, Honey/ Stay, ’62 (Tri-Phi 1012-second pressing)
Challengers (Detroit) as Challengers III (ft Ann Bogan) – Every Day/ I Hear An Echo, ’62 (Tri-Phi 1020)
Challengers (Detroit)/Challengers (III) became Executives
– Why/ Come On Baby (2.03), ’63 (Explosive 3621-10 & Revenge 5003)
- The listings were under both The Challengers and The Executives.
- No scans found for the Explosive release.
- Scans on Revenge are by The Executives.
– River Of Tears/ Come On Now, ’63 (Explosive 3821 & Mink 5004)
- Explosive A-side found.
https://www.allmusic.com/artist/the-challengers-mn0001898933 offers a group history from the Challengers to the Executives.
Challengers (Los Angeles) (ref Billy Strange) – Before You/ Color Me In (Hello Yellow Bug), ’68 (GNP Crescendo 400)