Avons (Englewood NJ) (initial gms: Bob Lea (Lead), Wendell Lea, Bill Lea, Irvin Watson & Curtis Norris. The group had several member changes.)
– Our Love Will Never End/ I’m Sending SOS, ’56 (Hull 717)
– Baby/ Bonnie, ’57 (Hull 722)
– You Are So Close To Me/ Gonna Catch You Nappin [sic], ’58 (Hull 726)
– What Will I Do (If You Go Away)/ Please Come Back To Me, ’58 (Hull 728)
– What Love Can Do/ On The Island, ’59 (Hull 731)
– Whisper (Softly)/ If I Just (Had My Way), ’61 (Hull 744)
– The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side/ A Girl To Call My Own, ’63 (Hull 754)
– Baby/ Whisper (Softly), ’63 (Astra 1023)
– Someone For Everyone, ’77 (Monogram 128) (Book dates recording date as 1960.)
– Fairy Tales/ Once Upon A Time, ’77 (Monogram 129) (Book dates recording date as 1960. No scans found.)
Avons – Hull LP 1000, ’60
Side One: What Love Can Do, Baby, What Will I Do, Someone For Everyone, Bonnie, A Girl To Call My Own.
Side Two: On The Island, Once Upon A Time, You Are So Close To Me, Our Love Will Never End, Fairy Tales, Gonna Catch You Nappin (sic].
(One source says the Monogram sides were recorded Circa 1958 and released in this album.)
Avons (British POP Group) (Valerie Murtagh, Elaine Murtagh & Raymond Adams)
– Seven Little Girls Sitting In The Back Seat/ Alone At Eight, ’59 (Columbia 4363)
– Pickin’ Petals/ We Fell In Love, ’60 (Columbia 4413 & Mercury 71618)
The group had many other pop successes.
Avons (Nashville TN) (Paula Hester, Beverly Bard and Fran Bard)
– Push A Little Harder/ Oh, Gee Baby, ’63 (Groove 0022) (The sides were also released asby The Novas on RCA 1360.)
– Rolling Stone/ Words Written On Water, ’63 (Groove 0033)
– Tonight Kiss Your Baby Goodbye/ Whatever Happened To Our Love, ’63 (Groove 0039)
– Talk To Me/ Got To Get Used To You, ’67 (A-Bet 9419)
Before the A-Bet release, sources indicate the group also recorded for other labels not listed in the book. Their final release on Ref-o-Ree (1968) was not included either.