Angels (Philadelphia) (Sonny Gordon & The) – Wedding Bells Are Ringing In My Ears/ Times Have Changed, ’54 (Grand 115)
Angels (Philadelphia) – Lovely Way To Spend An Evening/ You’re Still My Baby, ’55 (Grand 121)
- No scan for b-side.
The original gms are: William “Sonny” Gordon, Frank Grier, Donald Morris, Leamon Crooms & Robert “Sonny” Brockington.
See group history @ http://www.uncamarvy.com/SonnyGordonAngels/sonnygordonangels.html.
Angels (Newark NJ) (Jimmy Wright & His Orch) – Glory Of Love/ It’s You I Love Best, ’56 (Gee 1024)
- As/ Marv Goldberg leads are by Bernard Lynn.
Angels (Oakland CA) as Al Smith And Band (Vocal By The Angels) – Leaving You Baby/ Sha-Wa-Wa, ’56 (Irma 105)
- The Oakland location for the Angels is at the end of an Al Smith article @ http://campber.people.clemson.edu/alsmith2.html. Exactly who the ‘Irma Al Smith’ is remains a question.
- 1956 dating is as/the book.
Angels (Hollywood Label) as Little Bobby Bell & The Angels – You Came, You Saw, You Conquered, ’57 (Demon 1501)
Angels (Hollywood Label) as Little Bobby Bell – The Whole Wide World, ’57 (Demon 1501)
Angels (Los Angeles) (Bilijean & The) (ref Safaris) – A Lover’s Poem “From Her”, ’59 (Tawny 101)
- The female lead, Bilijean (Billie Jean Kunkel) also released two rockabilly sides as Bee Jee & The Living Dolls (female juvenile group), Teen Age Waltz/ Too Young Blues on Vita 139 in 1956.)
Angels (Los Angeles) (ref Safaris) – A Lover’s Poem “From Him”, ’59 (Tawny 101)
gm: Marvin Rosenberg, Richard Clasky, Shelton ‘Shelly’ Briar, & Jimmy Stephens.
Hannibal (Vocal Acc: The Angels) – Please Take A Chance On Me/ Love Is Funny, ’60 (Pan World 517)
gms: Fanita James, Gloria Jones and Darlene Wright are the California Angels on Pan World.
- The book listed as a separate Angels group and under Hannibal (BB Angels).
Hi Tensions as Angels (ref Chuck Daniels) – A Real Sensation/ I’m Sayin’ Good-Bye/ A Real Sensation, ’60 (Audio 203 & Milestone)
Angels (Memphis Tennessee) (Lonny & The) – Before I Saw You Smile/ Bargain Love, ’61 (Pledge 102)
Angels (Metro New York) as Little Betty
– I May Be Wrong/ Why Did You Do It, ’61 (Savoy 1603)
– Twistin School [sic]/ Honey, ’61 (Alto 2006) (Not in book.)
Little Betty is a male artist. The backing vocals are female. The BB is likely an unknown Angels group who do not receive label credit.)