- Andy Starr (Arkansas), born Franklin Delano Gulledge, originally recorded as Frank Starr. His releases are a honky-tonk and rockabilly mix with an Elvis influence on some releases.
- The book listed ‘One More Time’ under the Notes (Philadelphia) group. The Notes doowop ‘Round And Round’ is a different song than Andy Starr’s rockabilly ‘Round And Round.’
- This post follows Andy Starr’s recording history as both Frank & Andy Starr with respective backing groups. Of note is a performing group Starr used in Alaska (circa 1959) called the Blue Notes. No recordings are known with this backing group. A complete biography can be found at (www.rockabillyhall.com.) (master index).
as Frank Starr & His Rock-away Boys – The Dirty Bird Song (You Can’t Hardly Get Them No More)/ Dig Them Squeaky Shoes, ’55 (Lin 1009)
as Frank Starr & The Rock-Away Boys – Tell Me Why/ For The Want Of Your Love, ’55 (Lin 1013)
Andy Starr (Arkansas)
– Rockin’, Rollin’ Stone/ I Wanna Go South, ’55 (MGM 12263)
– She’s A Going Jessie/ Old Deacon Jones, ’55 (MGM 12315)
Andy Starr (Arkansas) (BB Strikes (Texas)-uncredited)
– Round And Round/ Give Me A Woman, ’56 (MGM 12364)
– One More Time/ No Room For Your Kind, ’56 (MGM 12421)
- The Strikes, from Texas, are a group in their own right. Member are: Willie Jacobs, Kenneth Ewing Scott, Paul Kunz, Albert Branden Cornelius, Don Alexander & Walter Paschal Parsons. Andy Starr is not part of their group.
Andy Starr (Arkansas) – Do It Right Now/ I Waited For You To Remember, ’57 (Kapp 190X)
as Frank Starr
– Evil Eye/ Knees Shakin’, ’61 (Holiday Inn Records 104)
– Little Bitty Feeling/ Lost In A Dream, ’61 (Holiday Inn Records 108)
as Frank Starr (BB Nashville A-Team & The Jordonaires) – Pledge Of Love/ Me And The Fool, ’63 (Lin 5033)