Pharotones – Monkey Business, ’63 (Times Square 21 & Times Square 94, ’64)
Pharotones and Pharo-Tones – (Give Me A) Chance
- This title appears on various comps under both names.
- All versions are the same as ’The Chanells’ version on Times Square 24 for which there is a label scan.
- Information on the Pharo-Tones version indicates the title was done originally on Timely 1002 (circa 1958).
- There is a ‘Timely’ label (square printing) for that time period and another Timely label with a different style in the early 50s.
- Note: The earlier Timely 1002 was a Gay Tunes release in 1953 for (Thrill of Romance/Wh-y-y Leave Me This Wa-ay-ay.
Both Pharotones and Chanells are male groups and difficult to tell if they are the same group or different.